Investment loss can be devastating, especially for those individuals who trust their brokers to make wise and informed investments. At Lax & Neville LLP, we offer extensive experience and knowledge when representing victims of stockbroker fraud, unauthorized trading or misconduct. We are vigilant in our representation of investors who have been victimized by negligent or illegal Wall Street practices and lost thousands or even millions of dollars. We represent mostly smaller or regional firms, and individual brokers – while taking investor cases against the larger national brokerage firms across the country.
We stress an aggressive but realistic approach to each case, and offer clients the experience of attorneys who have been in-house counsel for large firms. We are attorneys who still regularly defend these same claims and routinely sit as FINRA arbitrators. Contact us to speak directly to a lawyer who can protect your rights.
If you are an Investor
As part of our comprehensive representation for individual investors, our legal team will analyze and evaluate the losses sustained in your accounts and determine whether:
- Your broker traded your account without your authorization
- Your broker recommended that you invest in securities that were unsuitable given your background, income, net worth, goals and objectives
- You were encouraged to over-concentrate your portfolio in a limited number of stocks or limited number of sectors in the market
- You lost money when your broker "churned" your account by buying and selling stocks to an excessive degree, generating extraordinary commissions for the broker but a loss for you
- Your broker recommended that you utilize excessive margin
- You purchased a stock based on a brokerage firm's misrepresentations, including stock analyst misconduct
- Your brokerage firm failed to execute the trade you ordered
Significant recovery in securities arbitration settlement claims
Lax & Neville LLP has recovered almost $20 million in investment loss claims against brokerage firms. Our success has been, in part, based on our knowledge of the inner workings of a retail brokerage firm, including its supervisory systems, which have become second nature to us. We have tried over 150 arbitrations to final awards in virtually every major city in the United States, many times using nationally recognized expert witnesses. It is this record and reputation that prompts adversaries to settle matters.
Cutting-edge representation in securities arbitration on behalf of investors
While representing you in arbitration, our firm frequently uses the services of the nation's top mediators in efforts to resolve the dispute prior to a hearing. In almost every brokerage firm customer agreement, there is a mandatory industry arbitration clause.
The merger of the NYSE and NASD's arbitration forums into the new FINRA arbitration forum created basically one arbitration forum for customer arbitration claims. Our firm is completely familiar with all FINRA arbitration rules; in fact, partners of the firm speak at seminars and continuing education events on such rules and rule changes. The partners of Lax & Neville LLP have litigated and achieved tens of millions of dollars of recovery for clients at FINRA arbitrations.
Contact Lax & Neville LLP for a free consultation with an experienced securities and employment litigation lawyer. Serving clients nationwide in securities, employment and investment law. Located on the corner of 41st Street & Broadway, New York, NY.