Offering Strategic Advocacy Nationwide
At Lax & Neville LLP, we offer strategic and experienced advocacy to stockbrokers, investors, investment funds, employers and others involved in the investment and securities industries.
With our focus in this niche market, our trial attorneys are able to provide each client with the intelligent representation and personalized service necessary to return effective results. Contact our law firm today to schedule a free initial consultation.
Focusing on Securities Law and Employment Litigation
At Lax & Neville LLP, we are a boutique litigation law firm focused on broker-dealer, securities, regulatory, and employment matters. The attorneys at our firm have gained a national reputation for offering skilled representation in commercial litigation involving a variety of areas, including:
- Securities arbitration — Attorneys from our firm bring extensive experience in securities arbitration. We represent investors, brokers and brokerage firms and can effectively assert and protect your rights in regulatory matters, employment issues or disputes.
- Securities industry professionals — We represent securities industry professionals in contract negotiations with employers, securities arbitrations, hedge fund litigation and all transactions and disputes related to the securities industry.
- Individual investors — Our investment securities attorneys are experienced in protecting the rights and interests of individual investors. We have extensive experience in representing individual investors and victims of stockbroker fraud in cases involving fraud, misrepresentation and other illegal misconduct.
- Broker negligence — We offer a comprehensive background in securities law. The attorneys at our firm represent investors with allegations that broker negligence caused a significant loss to their investment portfolio. We also advocate for brokers wrongfully accused of fraud.
- Bonus disputes — A bonus is often a significant portion of a salary or income. We represent firms and employees in the securities and investment industries in bonus disputes.
- Broker transitions — We are experienced in protecting the rights and records of brokers as they transition into new firms. We are also experienced in Form U-5 expungement and bonus dispute cases on behalf of brokers.
- Employment law/workplace discrimination — We represent both employers and employees in employment and workplace discrimination issues involving harassment, severance agreements, breach of contract, whistleblower litigation and other disputes.
- Form U-5 expungements — Our attorneys represent brokers seeking an expungement to protect their record and brokerage license.
- Investment advisor disputes — Attorneys from our firm have extensive experience in representing individual investors and investment advisors in disputes. If you are either an investor or an investment advisor, we can provide the intelligent and experienced advocacy necessary to protect your rights, license and record.
- Hedge fund litigation — We are experienced in the complex litigation relating to hedge fund management, and advising investors. Our firm can effectively protect your rights if you as either a partner of or investor in a hedge fund.
- Clawback litigation — We represent investors and others targeted by bankruptcy trustees attempting to recover financial payments or property transfers.
- Preference litigation defense — Our attorneys represent victims of Ponzi schemes who are being subjected to a trustee's preference demand letters and ensuing litigation.
- Promissory note settlement and negotiation — Our attorneys help clients working in the securities industry successfully transition between firms.
- SIPC coverage protection — Our firm provides dedicated advocacy to Madoff and MF Global victims seeking insurance payments from the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC).
Put Our Strategic Counsel To Work For You
Contact Lax & Neville LLP for a free initial consultation with an experienced securities, employment and investment litigation lawyer. We are committed to serving clients nationwide in securities, employment and investment law. Our firm is located on the corner of 41st Street & Broadway, New York, NY.